Join fellow Georgia partners and advocates to learn the latest about the Georgia Work Credit and brainstorm strategic activities for 2019. We will showcase recent collaboration with Prosperity Now to strengthen connections to VITA sites, review the latest data on the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and explore how this bottom-up tax cut can advance race equity. After these updates, we will discuss opportunities to support a Georgia Work Credit in 2019 and map out possible activities moving forward.
Lunch will be served, so please list any special dietary requests when registering.
- What: Georgia Work Credit Planning Meeting and Briefing
- When: Thursday, December 13, 2018 from 11:30am to 1:30pm
- Lunch will be served a few minutes before 11:30am, so please plan to arrive early.
- Where: 50 Hurt Plaza SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Parking can be validated if you use the Woodruff Volunteer Center Parking Deck: https://goo.gl/maps/HDnfRbVrJPz.
Dial-in details are sent upon registration. Please check your inbox and contact email@example.com with any questions.
Agenda & Speakers
11:30 am: Lunch available, meeting begins
- Advancing the Georgia Work Credit
- Kamolika Das, State and Local Policy Manager, Prosperity Now
- Georgia Work Credit update and overview
- Taifa Butler, Executive Director, Georgia Budget and Policy Institute
- Taxes, EITC and race equity
- Alex Camardelle, Senior Policy Analyst, Georgia Budget and Policy Institute
- Georgia Work Credit planning discussion and strategic brainstorming
Close by 1:30 pm